You are about to embark on some intense in-class blogging. Good Luck. If at any point during this class period you start to feel dehydrated from blogging, pause for a moment and catch your breathe. For this post, you are going to compare and contrast the Jamestown Colony vs. the New England Colony, which is basically the Massachusettes Bay colony. We discussed Jamestown together via PowerPoint. You had a chance to read about the New England colony. Now you have a chance to look at both and how they compare to one another. There is a specific way in which I want you to do this, so pay close attention to your task below. A few things to keep in mind as you do this: one: these colonies are going on at roughly the same time. Although Jamestown started first, the New England colonies were not far behind. Two: do not type like you are text messaging. Practice good typing skills and good language/grammar skills. You will be heavily docked for writing in "text" lingo. Finally, three: one of the great aspects of blogging is that you get to respond to each other, so do that. Respond with an agree/disagree with each others' comments. Do it RESPECTFULLY, though.
Task: Compare similarities and differences between the Jamestown Colony and the New England Colony by doing the following:
1. State the reasons why people came for both colonies. Why did people go to Jamestown? WHy did the Puritans/Pilgrims leave Europe? Then point out what is similar and what is different.
2. State how each of the colonies got started. Who had an easier time? Why? Point out how the start of each colonies were similar and different.
3. Describe the economy of both colonies. State how they are similar and different and why. Also, discuss the impact each colonies economy had on the colony itself. (Hint: tobacco plantations in Jamestown, smaller farms in New England)
4. Native American interaction occured with both colonies. Describe Native American interaction with each colony and point out similarities and differences. Tell us why you think Native Americans interacted differently with each colony.
5. Which Colony is better? Why? Support your opinion with at least 4 points.
DUE: In Class.
Great Job. You have completed the most intense blogging on The History Book to date. You should be proud of yourself because I am very proud of you.